Friday, May 27, 2016

Getting the Garden Ready

I've spent this beautiful week getting ready to plant the rest of my garden. I have already planted potatoes, peas, onions, leeks, and shallots. Next week everything else can go in. This means that I need to have the garden ready to be planted. I have been weeding and spreading compost. Does anybody remember that mound of sod that I dug out when claiming more garden space two years ago? Well, having been mixed with some chicken manure and then sitting for two years it is now beautiful compost that I have been using to fertilize the garden. 


From a nuisance to a treasure: Sod that I dug out two years ago has been composting
with some chicken manure and is now ready to be used to fertilize the garden.

The garden, ready for planting.
Garlic, onions, leeks, and shallots
Strawberries in bloom. I expect that some berries will be ripe in time for my birthday (June 28th)

No comments:

Post a Comment